At the Bandai Namco Pre-TGS event in Tokyo this past Wednesday, we were able to get our hands on the new demo of Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization. But more than that, we learned about the new game’s overall length and DLC plans. Here’s a quick rundown:
- The main story will take eighty hours to beat, much longer to master.
- There will be three paid DLC dungeons coming in 2017.
- The DLC are set chronologically after the main game.
- Each DLC area will take around 15-20 hours to beat but seventy to completely master.
A few features in the game were also mentioned:
- Kizmel from the novel series Sword Art Online: Progressive will be a recruitable character.
- In addition, many of the playable characters from Sword Art Online: Lost Song will return and will be able to join your party as part of a recruitable cast of over 300 characters.
- Romantic relationships are a feature of the game and you can give gifts to–and eventually bridal carry–your romantic interest.
- Finding a high-level blacksmith will greatly help in your adventure as the best-of-the-best will be able to craft the game’s legendary weapons.
To see the game in action, check out our gameplay footage of the TGS demo (sorry for the lack of sound).
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization will be released in Japan on October 27, 2016, and in the US/EU on November 8, 2016, for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.