A new promotional video for the second season of the Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans anime premiered at the C3 Market event’s Iron-Blooded Orphans stage on Saturday. The video previews the new characters that will appear in the new season.
[NOTE: The video below has major spoilers for the first season of the anime.]
Merribit: Time passed and things changed. Only a small amount, but the change was certain. The Tekkadan made great achievements during chaotic times and became a fast-growing business that the other members of their industry envied. On the other hand, society lost their trust in Gjallarhorn and public order took a turn for the worse. The usefulness of child soldiers was proved to the world thanks to the actions of the Tekkadan, leading to a large number of child soldiers being sent onto the battlefield. The world in which powerless children are exploited continues even now.
Orga: There’s no need to worry. After all, we’re the Tekkadan.
Orga: We don’t have ideals or motives, so the only way we’re able to protect the place we belong is by moving forward.
Mikazuki: As long as Orga doesn’t stop, neither will I. I never have and I never will.
Mikazuki: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans.
The new voice cast members and their characters include:
- Kimiko Saitō as Kukuvita Uhg, a reliable secretary/clerk that works within the Admoss Company. She respects Kudelia and is always there to back up the company’s unpredictable behavior.
- Ryōta Ōsaka as Hash Midi, a new member of the Tekkadan. He has somewhat of an obsession with the Alaya-Vijnana system and the ace pilot Mikazuki.
- Subaru Kimura as Dane Uhai, a new member of the Tekkadan who is large physically, but speaks very little. He has a gentle personality and can often be seen silently nodding while listening to what other members have to say. His precision when working with machines despite his size leads him to being assigned to the maintenance team.
- Makoto Furukawa as Zack Law, a new member of the Tekkadan. He entered the force in order to become a cool man but his lax personality often leads him to be scolded by his instructors.
- Kazu Fukugawa as Radice Rilot, the inspector of the Tekkadan’s Earth branch.
- Tōru Ōkawa as Lastar Ellion, the head of the Ellion Family–which is part of the Seven Stars–and commander of the Outer Earth Orbit Regulatory Joint Fleet Arianrhod.
- Nobunaga Shimazaki as Ioch Kujan, the head of the Kujan household, which is part of the Seven Stars. He has been entrusted with one of the units within Arianrhod.
- Tomoaki Maeno as Ishinari Kamice, McGillis’ silent subordinate. He is very knowledgable about matters outside of the normal sphere thanks to his independent network and his technical skills as a mobile suit pilot are very high.
- M.A.O as Julietta Julice, a mobile suit pilot within Arianrhod. She has no pedigree or high-ranking status, but her skill as a pilot make up for this completely. Recognizing her talent, Lastar has allowed her to enter Arianhod. She pilots a customized Leginraze, which is the successor to the Graze. This mobile suit is her own personal machine.
[Note: all spellings of new character names and terms are not confirmed to be official.]
Rock band SPYAIR (Gintama, Haikyu!!) will perform the opening theme song for the second season, while GRANRODEO–a band lead by voice actor Kishō Taniyama (Attack on Titan, A Certain Magical Index)–will perform the ending theme song, “Shōnen no Hate” (The End of Youth).
The first season of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans is available now for free with English subtitles on Daisuki, Crunchyroll, and Gundam.info’s official YouTube channel. The second season will begin airing on October 2, 2016.
© SOTSU ･ SUNRISE ･ MBS